- SCIENTIFIC TESTING & MEASUREMENT OF YACHT AIR QUALITY
Riteaire Marine™ (RAM) Uses Very Sophisticated Technology & Measurement Equipment To Validate The Humidity Levels To Maximize Healthy Indoor Air Quality
One technology is called the GrayWolf Sensing Unit. It is used by the government to test, document, and certify humidity, temperature, and formaldehyde.
GrayWolf is temporarily placed on a boat for data recording the day RAM starts installing the yacht system. GrayWolf takes before and after measurements while RAM is being installed. It continues measuring and recording through-out the entire installation.
The GrayWolf Sensing Unit Is Very Sensitive And Documents:
- Measures humidity, temperature, and formaldehyde measurements every half hour
- Records all measurements and date-time stamps it until turned off
- Downloads analyzed data, and turns into easy to understand information
- Illustrates humidity, temperature, and formaldehyde levels in color chart form for before and after RAM installation
GrayWolf Sensing Unit Shows Key Data Results:
- Constant Temperature Before And After RAM Was Started
- Prior To Starting RAM, Humidity Level Is Often Above 60% RH
- After RAM System Is Started, The Humidity Level Begins To Drop
- Once Programmed Level Is Reached (45 - 50% RH), It Is Maintained
- Formaldehyde Levels Decrease As Humidity Is Lowered, Typically By 50%
- ITCHY EYES & SMELLS
NEW BOAT TEST CASE STORY
RiteAire Marine™ was asked to temporarily place a unit on a new boat
PROBLEM-Itchy Eyes & Smells
Since delivery, the owner had been complaining of her boat’s poor indoor air quality in regard to smells and itchy eyes.
- Many attempts had been tried to improve the yacht’s indoor air quality
TEST DEMONSTRATION SOLUTION-In Less Than 1 Hour
- Owner was skeptical that this would be another failed attempt
- RAM team installed a test unit in the master stateroom
- Within 45 minutes of operating, the crew noticed the difference
- First mate said, "Boy, this place is feeling good"
- Within an hour, RAM reached the target humidity level, below 50% relative humidity
RESULTS-Owner & Stateroom Transformation
RAM asked the boat owner to enter her master cabin
When she stepped into her stateroom, she immediately started smiling
She and Her Stateroom Had Been Transformed
She went across the hallway to an UNTREATED closed stateroom
When she did, within seconds, she turned around and slammed the door closed and said, "I don't want that!"
- RAM immediately began work to permanently install RAM for the whole boat
- This is one of several similar cases
- We temporarily demonstrate RAM to prove the performance
- Every time we are asked to schedule an installation